Good Oral HygienePosted on 2013-10-02 00:41:59
Here are some quick tips on how to check yourself for bad breath There is a Swahili proverb ‘ nyani haoni kundule, huliona la mwengine’ meaning you may be un aware of your bad traits but easily see someone else’s bad trait. In the same way you may not be aware that your breath is stale or foul smelling but quickly know when someone has bad breath. I will give you some tips on how to check on your breath, before others do:
- Lick the back of your wrist let it dry for 2 minutes and then sniff the area after a few moments. If you notice a bad smell you can be sure it is what others smell.
- Use a teaspoon or better still a tongue scraper. Scrape the very back your tongue wait 2 minutes then smell the spoon if it smells bad you have bad breath.
- Get about sizeable amount of dental floss and twist it around each middle finger leaving a small piece of floss in between the finger. Ensure this small piece of floss is tight.
- Using your thumbs and index fingers gently slide this piece of tight floss into the space between the teeth.
- Slide the floss gently up and down between the teeth. Gently move it to the bottom of the tooth and clean below the gum line. Use of force can lead to pain and bleeding. Be gentle
- Once you are satisfied you have cleaned that area, gently remove the floss using the same up and down motion until it comes out.
- Then move onto the next space using a fresh piece of floss after adjusting the floss.
- Once you are through, rinse your mouth and prepare to brush your teeth.
- over 2 years ago By:Dr TOROOTI KINAGWI MWIRIGI
Dear Dorothy, Thanks for your question and congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. If your are not looking to get pregnant any time soon, you can consider options that last alteast 5 years or so, at which time you can decide. The best option would be an IUCD/coil, with which you…over 2 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
Dear Felics, Thanks for your question. However, since headaches are a symptom of a multitude of conditions, we need more information to begin to narrow down the possible causes. Where exactly are the headaches? How long have they been occurring? How long do they last when they occur? What makes…over 2 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA
Dear Violet, Very sorry to hear about your loss. But I\'m glad that you are ready to try again. The implant placed in the arm tend to have a father return to fertility than the combined contraceptives in the form of pills or the injection. However, for some it can…over 3 years ago By:Dr ROSE MUTHONI KIURA